Goals of the Sam Houston Elementary Pre-K Program
- To provide 4 year old children with the learning experiences they need in order to succeed in Kindergarten.
- To provide opportunities for children to develop readiness skills in an environment that fosters a love and joy for learning.
- To help children develop pre-social skills that will help them in their educational career.
- To introduce state developmental guidelines through an "age-appropriate" curriculum that is developmentally appropriate, appreciates each child's strengths, and supports individualized learning.
- Maintain high quality standards already in place by regarding small class size, low teacher to student ratios (SHE has 1 teacher for every 7 students in Pre-K), age appropriate state approved curriculum, and a licensed teacher with a Pre-K certification.
- Be a model program for other schools.
- Build a bridge between home and school.
- Create involved and committed parents to be educational partners for life.
Sam Houston teachers will use SeeSaw as the primary classroom communication tool. Teachers will share important classroom information such as newsletters, school events, and field trips. As well, students will be able to post pictures and videos of their class work. Parents are able to connect directly to their child's classroom and account via the SeeSaw app/website.
If your child attended Sam Houston last year, then you will need to do nothing. You are already connected and your child's new class will appear in your account.
If you are new to Sam Houston, your child's teacher will give you an access code along with all of the instructions you will need to get connected.