The Smokie Way
Rocky Top Lookout
- Listen and Focus
- Listen and use eye contact when others are talking.
- Listen to understand.
- Listen to and follow your teacher's directions and requests.
- Keep your mind focused and be present during the learning activity.
Sugarlands of Integrity
- Truth and Ownership
- Tell the truth all the time.
- Do the right thing even when no one is watching.
- Own your choices and their consequences, and make a better choice next time.
- Be Responsible and Take Initative
- Follow the school and classroom procedures.
- Look for what needs to be done and do it.
- Do your part to keep our school looking its best.
- Take care of our school's equipment.
- Take care of your personal belongings.
Volunteer Service Landing
- Help and Encourage
- Be willing to help when help is needed.
- Pay attention when help might be needed and then offer your help.
- Look for times when you can share praise or encouragement.
- Find your strength and use it to help others.
- Best Effort
- Do your personal best.
- Keep a positive attitude when you are learning.
- Finish your work in the time your teacher gives you.
- Listen to and use your teachers' ideas about how you can improve your work.
- Work Together
- Share your ideas.
- Do your part.
- Understand and respect others' ideas.
- Work together so that everyone is involved.
- Use flexibility to work out disagreements quickly and then move on.
Ridge of Respect
- Respect Others
- Treat others the way you want to be treated.
- Include everyone.
- Respect others' feelings, bodies, and their things.
- Respect others' friendships.
- Celebrate others' successes.
- Believe in Yourself
- Know that everyone is important.
- Understand that making mistakes is a part of learning.
- Learn from your mistakes.
- Keep trying.
- Ask questions when you do not understand.