It is important to register for Kindergarten in May.  At this time, parents have an opportunity to sign up for a Kindergarten screening time and receive other important information regarding Kindergarten Camp.

Children must be five years of age on or before August 15 for Kindergarten enrollment during the current school year.

Requirements for all new students: 

  • Proof of birth - one of the following forms:
    • Birth Certificate - issued by a government
    • Passport issued by any nation (translated)
    • Immigration documentation
    • Decree of adoption or other records issued by a court
    • Other official documentation showing date of birth and parent's names
  • Tennessee Department of Health Certificate of Immunization*
  • Physical Exam
  • Proof of residence **
  • Social Security Card - if available
  • Current proof of custody of the child if parents are divorced, separated or unmarried. 

* To get a Tennessee Department of Health Certificate of Immunization, parents should contact their child's health care provider or the Health Department to schedule an appointment for a kindergarten physical. At that time, any additional shots that may be needed will be given to meet state requirements for entrance into school and a Certificate of Immunization will be issued. 
**Parents need a current rental or mortgage contract and a current utility bill which could be telephone, electric or water. 
If you cannot provide a current rental or mortgage contract, then the owner of your place of residence must provide:

  • Notarized affidavit to that effect (stating that you live with them)
  • Current rental or mortgage contract with a current utility bill
  • In addition, the parent must also provide 4 of the items in the following list.
    • Current bank statement
    • Current employer verification of residence by letter from employer on company letterhead.
    • Current pay check,stub or government benefits
    • Current automobile, life or health insurance policy
    • Current Driver's License
    • Current TN motor registration or title
    • Current TN voter's registration
    • Current IRS W-2 Form (meaning within the last 12 month)
    • Current receipt for personal property or real property taxes paid with the last year

Remember any item provided as proof must be current and must contain student's current home address 

Proof of Residency and Verification Form